Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Remember the List?

Remember the list of things that I posted yesterday?

The long list of things that I had to choose from to fill my Sunday?

How many of those things do you think I did?

Oh you know me so well!!

Not a single one of them.

I woke up late - around 8.30am - and lay in bed Facebooking on my iPad. After about 30 minutes, Adoring Husband entered the bedroom and said "I'm going into The Bay".

I replied "Do I want to come with you?"

He responded "If you want. Let me know when you're ready. No rush."

So up I got, dressed myself to look like a tidy casual holiday-maker and off we drove to The Bay.

AH dropped me at Stocklands while he headed to the dreaded Bunnings. As he dropped me off, I said "Don't rush. Take your time Darling".

What a lovely time I had spending some of my pokies winnings.

There were lots of sales and I didn't pay full price for many items all day but I purchased a pair of flat shoes, 3 bras, 3 tops, 2 t-shirts, 1 lipstick, 1 palette of blush powders, 3 tankini tops (the top part of swimmers), 3 gifts to put away for birthdays, 4 tall plastic cups, 1 pr of 3/4 pants, 2 bling hair bands, a ticket in the $80 million Powerball and a beach towel.

Together, AH and I bought a new set of cutlery to replace the very expensive, but very breakable cutlery set that we bought about 18 months ago. It was a great price. We bought a beautiful melamine dinner set with a serving tray and salad bowl to go into our outdoor kitchen.

It was 2.30pm when we arrived home and after unpacking my shopping, I decided to empty out my dressing table drawers and do some culling. I needed space to put my new swimmers and bras! I tossed a LOT of clothes - none of them were even worthy Op Shop candidates, so they ended up in the sulo. Now I have lovely tidy spacious dressing table drawers.

I browned some lamb shanks and let them simmer deliciously in chicken broth, chopped onion and mushroom. I thickly sliced sweet potato, pumpkin, onion and carrot to bake and brown in a hot oven. When the shanks were ready, I thickened the liquid to make a nice tasty gravy and we ate dinner at about 5.30pm.

Dessert was the fruit whip that I'd made the night before - pineapple, banana, raspberries, dragon fruit, coconut cream, maple syrup and salt in the processor. I served it with blueberries and grated dark organic healthy chocolate over AH's and chopped some blanched almonds over mine.

It's almost 9pm and I am ready for bed. The Motivator has the next couple of days off and I'll be off on Thursday and Friday.

I must print out that list that I wrote yesterday so that I can refer back to it on future days off.

Nite all.

No comments: