Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Time to Stop

As is typical of our Saturday mornings, it was very very quiet at The Happy Abode. It's almost enough to just stay at home, but we DID get a lot of 'behind the scenes' work done, so we feel like we achieved something.

I only have one day off and my brain has a million things spinning around trying to prioritise. This is some of what I want to do ...

  • Get out with my camera for some photography practice
  • Edit some photos
  • Cook - like - for hours in the kitchen, because I have a LOT of recipes to try
  • Clear off the dining room table ... again
  • Get my washing up-to-date
  • Clear all of the spare bedrooms (or should I say 'junk rooms')
  • Tidy my dressing table
  • Wash the windows
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Swim in the pool
  • Stay in bed all day
  • Do some study
  • Read books
  • Watch DVDs
  • Cull my emails
  • Design my online course
  • Add more to my book
  • Play my guitar
  • Go to the movies
  • Go out for lunch
  • Write up a new post for my website
  • Update the statuses on all of the social media accounts that I have, including Instagram, which has been totally neglected for almost 18 months
What to choose ... what to choose.

It's well after 11pm and if I don't get to sleep now, I will be tired tomorrow and just stay in bed all day  - where I can actually do some of the stuff on my list, like read, study, edit photos, add more to my book and design my course, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm really tired. Still suffering withdrawals while my body adjusts to no potato, bread, sugar, dairy and only drinking one small coffee per day. It's day 5 and I'm guessing I'll struggle for another week or two but it will be worth it.

So I'm off now.

Nite all.

No comments: