Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Togetherness

The Motivator and I shared some togetherness today - that is, we were both working in the shop at the same time.

Unheard of!

The Motivator, in between a few customers, spent the entire day doing bookwork, matching invoices, checking totals and bank statements and generally hurting her brain.

I paid some bills, served customers, packed up the Christmas baubles, cleaned out my desk drawers, 'attempted' to clear my desk, photocopied receipts and filed them, did some searching for The Motivator and gathered bags of stuff to take home. Stuff that I've had at the shop taking up precious space and never used. Now I have the precious space.

We both left the shop late and I arrived home at 4.45pm.

I went straight to the kitchen and began preparing dinner.

I've had some ox tail in the fridge for a few days, so that HAD to be cooked today. I dragged out the slow cooker and threw a heap of vegetables and stock in with the oxtail. I'll have to package that up before I sleep.

For dinner, I char grilled pumpkin, beetroot, carrot, onion, capsicum and zucchini. I lay them on a bed of baby spinach which had scattered sun-dried tomatoes with it and sprinkled them with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. That was accompanied with duck breast.

Very nice I must say.

For dessert we had a bowl of watermelon slices.

I didn't eat anything all day, so I was starving and I ate so much, I was in physical pain! I climbed into bed before 7.30pm and 90 minutes later I still feel very uncomfortable, so I'm making this post short and sweet so that I can sleep it off.

In future, I shall practice some self control and only eat until I'm satisfied!


Time to package my oxtail.

Nite all.

No comments: