Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sensational Sunday

The Motivator opened the doors at The Happy Abode for half a day and had quite a few customers but considering how many people were on the main street and how many cars were parked on the road, filling all the car spaces, not many of them visited the shop.

I on the other hand, spent most of the day in bed. I read almost the entire year of my blog posts.

Adoring Husband brought me coffee and food and I totally relaxed and chilled and enjoyed my Sunday.

At 3pm I changed into my bathers and went for a swim. The Motivator joined me at about 3.30pm and we spent about 90 minutes lolling in the pool, chatting and floating and planning our new healthful start to 2019.

She left just after 5pm and I dried myself off and began making dinner. I fried up some zucchini and carrot fritters and made a mushroom sauce to go on the steak that AH cooked on the barbecue.

We ate the last of our boysenberry ice-cream vowing to wipe it from our shopping list as we aim for a healthier lifestyle next year.

I've selected my word for 2019 ...


"Ease"

I plan on accomplishing all of my goals with ease, to receive everything that I hope for with ease and to live a life of ease that will result in my quiet happiness and contentment.

Reflecting on my 2018 ...

1. I began regularly attending the weekly meditation classes at The Happy Abode and now practice daily meditation at home. The benefits have been life changing.

2. I designed and created a photography workshop and successfully ran four workshops during the year.

3. Attended the Reed Gift Fair in Sydney with Tracey for the third year in a row and busted the budget!

4. Karen and Owen Appleby survived a horrific car accident and eventually returned home to us, a bit the worse for wear, but still alive and kicking!

5. Completed about 60% of DDT's Business/Manifesting bootcamp course (still a work in progress).

6. I've lost count of how many photos I've sold this year, but it's a lot, including large framed images. Every sale still gives me a thrill!

7. We had Juniper for three and a half weeks in May which was both exhilarating and exhausting at the same time! Taking her to hold a live alligator was the highlight.

8. My son, Brad, came to visit us for 5 days - short but sweet.

9. I attended and photographed Melbourne's wedding of the year.

10. I created a calendar of my photographs and printed 50 copies in the first week of December. They have almost sold out!

11. The pool!! The beautiful pool!! Still a work in progress but at least we are enjoying swimming in the cool magnesium filtered water on a daily basis.

12. On Christmas Eve, we broke The Happy Abode daily sales record!!

The year wasn't quite as full as 2017 but it was pretty amazing anyway and a nice one to look back over. - hence my reading a year of blog posts!

Anyway I'm working tomorrow and it's 11.30pm so it's off to bed for me.

Nite all.

No comments: