Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

First of the First

There are simply not enough hours in every day to do 'all the things'.

I want to read The Gypsy's books ... I've had them for almost a year, but sometimes I start to read them and then get interrupted and obviously never get back to them. There is always something else more important that needs to be done like ...

Continuing the business/manifesting course that I started, but I never seem to have a long enough block of time to get into it properly and there is always something else that needs to be done like ...

Writing up a new post for my website. It's been so long since I worked on it, I've forgotten how to do it and I know I need a couple of hours to sit down peacefully and totally focus on learning how to do it all over again.  There is always something more important to do like ...

Maintaining the Facebook pages for 'The Happy Abode', 'Romance Your Life with Roz' and 'Images by Roz G'. I have neglected two of those pages because there is always something more important to do like ...

Writing up the new advertisement for The Happy Abode, to go into the local newsletter. There is always something new happening in the shop, so each ad has to have changes made to it which means lots of edits. It's mostly done at the very last minute because there is always something more important to do like ...

Adding to my active journals such as

  • New ideas for blog posts
  • Finding affiliates for the Romance Your Life website
  • New questions for the 'all about me' book
  • Recipes for the Romance Your Life website
  • Additions to the 'Beginners Guide to Finding Your Happy' book
  • My gratitude journal
  • Ideas for online courses
  • Reviews of new products to put on the Romance Your Life website
  • Updating the list of suppliers for The Happy Abode 
  • Photography challenges for the photography groups
  • Workshop ideas for The Happy Abode
  • Health plan
  • Food Diary
  • Book ideas
and the list goes on, but there is always something more important to do like ...

Watching my large supply of educational dvds on medicine, nutrition, vaccinations, health, conspiracy theories proven true etc etc. They are still sealed in their packs because there is always something more important to do like ...

Cooking bulk meals to freeze so that I don't have to cook every afternoon when I get home from work, but I can't do that until I do something more important like ...

Cleaning out the fridge and the pantry which I'm pretty sure that NOBODY does often enough. There is always food in the fridge that shouldn't be eaten lest we die!! Especially in my house, but there is always something more important to do like ...

The washing, ironing, vacuuming, sweeping, bathrooms, toilets, dusting, windows, dog grooming, decluttering wardrobes, cleaning out the junk room, filing the paperwork, tidying and clearing, but one procrastinates over these things because they are not at all fun and there is always something more important to do like ...

Sitting with Adoring Husband to watch meaningless, mindless TV that stops us from having meaningful conversations, but there is even something more important than that to do like ...

Looking up recipes and writing out shopping lists for our return to the Paleo Way lifestyle and there are only two things more important than that like ...

Swimming in the pool or writing a blog post!

It's exhausting just thinking about all the things that never get done, but it's nice to know that the choice is mine to do the things that I love the most and the rest of it really doesn't matter - it will still be there tomorrow if I choose to do any of it!

If and when I choose to do them, I will do them with ease!

Today, I did some washing, emptied the bad food out of the fridge, made a paleo coleslaw, a salsa, a roasted pumpkin and spinach salad, crispy skinned chicken, celery juice and avocado ranch dressing. I selected some recipes from my paleo books and made a shopping list for tomorrow. I posted on two of the Facebook pages, watched some meaningless TV, swam in the pool and did this blog post!

There are simply not enough hours in the day to do 'all the things'.

Nite all.

No comments: