Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 4, 2019

Fabulous Friday

It was a busy day in the shop, not just with sales, but with all the other stuff that The Motivator and I were trying to do - still playing the numbers game and searching for missing links - feels like it's never ending! But when it's all done, our minds will be lighter - especially The Motivator's, because she's working bloody hard to get it right.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to come and close up the shop by bringing all our paraphernalia inside, pulling the blinds and changing the sign, while the two of us finished up and packed our gear to leave.

I was home by 3.30pm so I sat down for 30 minutes before getting ready for the club.

I had some luck on the pokies and quite a few at our table had wins in the 'lots of pots' draw and the raffle, so we all left feeling happy.

There were not quite so many people at the club tonight, so the noise level was much lower than it has been over the past few weeks. Much nicer for me.

AH had prepared some chicken wings for dinner and I had some lychees for dessert.

He had spent the day trimming the Lilly-Pilly trees that grow along the fence line at one side of the house, so he was exhausted and went to bed early.

I sent the psychotic dogs to bed and then phoned Vegan Chickie, who had messaged me earlier in the day to chat, but I was at work. We chatted for about 45 minutes - well SHE chatted for about 45 mins but her stories were hilarious and by the time I hung up, my cheeks were sore from laughing and smiling so much.

It's now approaching 11pm but it feels like midnight or later, so I'm off to bed because I'm working again tomorrow.

I got a giggle out of this ...


Nite all.

No comments: