Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Improving Health

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay today to restock on foods that suit the Paleo lifestyle.

The initial expense is always quite high, but once the pantry is stocked, eating this way is not expensive and the health benefits show why it's value for money.

End of Day 2 and my body is already beginning to feel the withdrawals from sugar, carbs and coffee. I haven't quit coffee yet, but am attempting to wean myself off it slowly. I was up to three cups per day and I hope to put off my first cup as late as possible every day until I can go without altogether.

We stocked up at Go Natural, Nana's Pantry and the supermarket. I also bought a new top and two pairs of 3/4 pants - navy and white (of course) and I bought a day book at Officeworks.

It was crazy busy in The Bay and we couldn't wait to get out of there. It took us 4 hours from when we drove 'out' of our driveway to when we drove back 'in' our driveway.

It took forever to unpack everything because I had to cull the 'no longer on the menu' food and the 'out of date' food from the pantry to make room for the new stuff. It was after 3pm when I whipped together a quick lunch - lucky I did because it was trivia night at the club, so that sustenance tided us over and our brains functioned kinda sorta a little bit.

I believe we came third out of 14 teams tonight, which is much better than we've done for some time, so it's a good start to 2019.

AH rushed home to watch the season final show of Dr Who, but fell asleep in the chair before it finished ... he is still there now!

It's also well after 11pm so I'm off to bed because I have to work tomorrow.


Nite all.

  

No comments: