Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 29, 2018

What Day is it?

We can all relate to the meme on Facebook that says "It's that time of year when I don't know what day it is, what date it is or where I'm supposed to be."

Today was Saturday, and while there were LOTS of customers, each of them bought a small inexpensive item so our sales total for the day was quite low.

I sold another calendar 😁

I did some dusting and rearranged some displays, finished my vision board for 2019.









I've set some big goals for 2019 and I'll really need to push myself to achieve it all.

I want to get out more with my camera and add some new fresh photos to my collection.

I will add to my book and make some copies to sell in the shop.

I've been wanting to create an online course for some time so I'm going to get started on that idea too.

It's going to be challenging!

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop at 1pm and we walked to the supermarket to get our usual afternoon coffee but they had run out of milk!! Unheard of!!

Our only other option was the cafe and they were incredibly busy! Thirty minute wait for our hot chips, but we did get our coffee to drink while we waited.

AH and I watched some Netflix and I went in for a quick dip in the pool while we waited for our dinner to simmer on the stove. I didn't even get my hair wet - for the first time ever! I am going to make the most of the pool tomorrow (my day off).

"The Sound of Music" is on TV right now - AH selected it and even though I've seen it five or six times, there is a lot that I can't remember. It's 9.30pm so I might go to bed to watch the end.

I have to finish editing the wedding photos tomorrow! It's been almost two months since the wedding and even though I have sent through quite a few photos to the brides, I'm sure they must be getting impatient waiting for the remaining pics.

Nite all.

No comments: