Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Back to it.

Even though I was in bed early last night, I only slept for four short hours.

I still arrived at the shop nice and early so I could tidy up from Christmas Eve and open the doors for the influx of customers in the first hour.

When I had a moment, I put the 'back in 5 mins' sign on the door so that I could check the mail and grab a coffee, when The Brains Trust appeared in the driveway ... so she watched the shop for me while I got us both a coffee and picked up the mail.

We got to sit for about 40 minutes and enjoy a Christmas Day debriefing.

The next influx of customers filled the time through to midday.

The Motivator arrived right on time to start her shift - we chatted for half an hour to catch up on 'stuff'  and I pedalled home to an empty house.

Adoring Husband had taken the car in for a service and while I was thinking about swimming in the pool, I received a text from Vegan Chickie recommending a Netflix movie called "Hello My Name is Doris" starring Sally Field and Max Greenfield. 

So I parked my butt on the couch and opened Netflix.

It was a great movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dinner was leftover baked dinner mixed in with some cabbage, bacon and butter. Dessert was boysenberry ice-cream with fresh blueberries.

It's just after 9pm and I'm watching "The Holiday Inn" starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire on the Fox Classics channel. I won't see the end of it because I can hear my pillow calling my name. Lack of sleep is catching up to me.

Tempting though it is to go for a swim right now, I will refrain, get a good night's sleep and possibly have a quick dip in the morning before work.


  
... and that's it from me.

Nite all.

No comments: