Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A Most Un-Christmas Christmas

I DID get to open gifts wrapped in Christmas paper ... thanks to Beautiful Girl With Long Blond Hair.

This is a small sample of my fabulous presents ...





... and THIS one ... let me set the scene ...

On Christmas Eve, Adoring Husband and I watched the movie "White Christmas" starring Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby. Part way through the movie Vera-Ellen and Rosemary Clooney appear in gorgeous blue dresses and large blue feathery fans to entertain a crowd.


"OH!" I gasped "I want a fan like THAT!"

The next morning, WAHLAH!! (or Voila 😬🤪😘)


I had the pedestal fan running on high at the end of the bed, so as I ripped the plastic packaging open to take out the feather fan, hundreds of tiny bits of feather went flying, got caught in the air stream of the fan and went up my nose, in my mouth, into my eyes and all over the bed! *cough*  *splutter*

It's a beautiful feathery fan ... not big enough to cover my bits ... but fabulous just the same!

So BGWLBH and I spent about an hour in FB private messenger while I opened gifts, took photos and posted them to her with an explanation of why I loved each gift ... and every one of them was so well thought out and obviously meant just for me. It was almost as good as having her here. Almost.

Adoring Husband brought me breakfast in bed while all that was happening. Ham, tomato and raw onion on toast. My fave.

Before lunch I put on my bathing suit and off to the pool AH and I went.




It was such a lovely time and a perfect way to spend and un-christmassy Christmas until this ...




AH had just finished pouring, into my new plastic glass (a gift from The Motivator),  a vodka and tonic with ice for me, and as he walked out of the kitchen to bring it to me, he tripped over the tiny step.

The tiny step has been there for about six weeks now. AH has 'tripped up it' and 'fallen down it' many times. I think the Universe looked at him and said to itself "How can I teach this man a lesson so that he stops 'tripping up' and 'falling down' this step? I know!! I'll make him injure his toe so badly that he will almost have to amputate his toe!!"

It did not teach him a lesson, because not 30 minutes later, he fell down the step again - he doesn't 'fall over' as in falling to the ground. He just misses the step and jars his body.

I also have to add that when he stumbled badly after kicking his toe on the step, he fell into the outdoor couch and he did not spill a drop of my drink. It was pretty to watch!

I shouldn't make fun. He is in pain and there may be more damage inside that toe than appears on the surface - although the surface did look pretty disgusting and I had to turn away for fear of throwing up.

I'm not good with that kind of damage - it's like I can physically feel every nerve ending and the pain shoots through my body until the unnecessary adrenalin that I'm pumping needs to go 'somewhere' and it's usually in the form of vomit.

AH cleaned the wound and began the process of bandaging - once it was covered up, I could help with the bandaging.

There were only two panadol in the house and I convinced him to wait until bed time to take them - if he took them immediately,  they would wear off by bed time and he wouldn't be able to sleep because of the pain! Common sense. He groaned then agreed.

No shops were open because it's Christmas.

In Melbourne, Vegan Chickie looked at her 'take out delivery' app and found that 114 restaurants in her area would deliver food to her apartment today.

We couldn't even get a panadol.

Our Christmas fare today consisted of Kettle Potato Chips, oven baked chicken wings and boysenberry ice cream.

It's almost midnight, so I think I need to sleep now.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Nite all.

No comments: