Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 28, 2018

Last One

It's the last Friday of 2018.

How crazy is that?

This year has flown by - the older you get, the faster the years seem to speed by and this one has certainly done that.

The Happy Abode has been open for sixteen months! We are not even the newest shop on the block any more. It feels like only yesterday that we opened our doors for the first time and I still feel a thrill every time I walk through the door.

It was a great day for sales today and we were almost as busy as Christmas Eve!

I sold two more calendars during my shift and I know The Motivator sold at least one after I left. It would be nice to sell them all before the end of the year. There aren't that many left, so it's possible.

A lady came in with the gift that her husband bought from us for her Christmas present and asked to swap it for something else ... she chose one of my photos. It's another one of those things that gives me a thrill - whenever anyone wants one of my photos.

It's almost midnight and I have to work tomorrow, so I'd best get some sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: