Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 24, 2018

Breaking Records

I started my day with a swim in the pool ...


I didn't start work until after midday and it was an amazingly successful day in the shop.

We broke our sales record!

Merry Christmas!

It was flat out all day long.

Every shop except the supermarket closed their doors at lunch time and I think the holiday makers were excited to see our shop still open and they came in droves.

There were lots of males in the shop too, as I predicted, doing last minute shopping for the important females in their lives.

The best part was that everyone was happy. Well and truly into the festive season and feeling the love.

I was in Foodworks at 10am and the crowd in there was suffocating! The queue in the Post Office was out the door and the noise of so many people in such a confined space was almost too much for me to cope.  I couldn't wait to get out of the place.

We played Christmas carols all day in The Happy Abode and the customers were singing along as they shopped.

The Motivator was flat out all morning and I was flat out all afternoon.

The last customer left the shop at 4.58pm.

Adoring Husband came to help close the shop and with a sigh of satisfied relief, I climbed into the car to begin our Christmas break.

Exhausted.

Tonight, Vegan Chickie and I continued our tradition of watching 'Love Actually' together on Christmas Eve. She is in Melbourne and we text each other throughout the movie - at our favourite and least favourite parts - talking about our favourite and least favourite characters. It's a great tradition and we get excited about Christmas Eve every year.


Now I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: