Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Such a Delight

Today was pretty full!

For the first time in a long time, I woke up full of beans this morning and was able to jump out of bed feeling motivated and energised.

It's taken nine days of Paleo eating to finally reach this point. I don't think the withdrawals are quite over yet, but they have eased considerably and I'm feeling lighter and clearer in the head! Won't be long and I'll be dangerous!

So far, the most difficult part has been remembering to drink enough water.

I got to work just after 7am and opened up ready for meditation. There were eight of us in attendance and it was a great start to the year with the subject of the day being "Be The Change". Hit the nail on the head and was totally relatable.

The Gypsy's first appointment after meditation this morning was filled by The Motivator, followed by one of the new attendees at meditation, then she had a break before I filled her last appointment for the day.

I actually didn't need the massage, but chose to have one anyway. It felt totally different. No painful spots at all and it was freeing and cleansing. I felt almost disconnected from my body as I just enjoyed the good energy.

Between the pool and the change in diet, my body is beginning to thank me.

By the time I'd finished, The Motivator had closed the shop and she left soon after I came out of the treatment room.

I stayed a while longer, did some grocery shopping, picked up our order from the butcher and mailed my sister's Christmas present (yes, just a tiny bit late).

I rode home and yessssssss, I changed out of my work clothes, into my swimmers and walked straight into the pool ... wearing my Apple Watch ... which ISN'T water proof! Ugh! It still seems to be working, but I was a bit annoyed with myself for not removing it with the rest of my jewellery when I got home.

I swam a few laps and then sat in my meditation spot, not meditating, but Facebooking and playing WWF on my phone.

After a while, I got out of the water and sat in the Bali Bed to dry off. I had music playing on the sound bar in the kitchen and the music kind of floated over the water. It was so relaxing and the weather was perfect with plenty of cloud cover.

Eventually I forced myself to go inside and begin preparing dinner. I filled our plates with a bit of everything - shredded rocket, pear strips, tomato strips, cucumber strips, mango strips, spring onion strips, celery strips, avocado strips and some sun-dried tomato. I chopped up some chicken and fried the pieces in coconut oil with some onion powder. Simple but effective.

No dessert tonight.

I have two days off now, so I'm heading to bed at 11pm. I have no solid plans for tomorrow, but you've seen my 'to do' list, so hopefully I can cross a few things off it.

Wish me luck!

Nite all.  

No comments: