Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Fabulous Start

I had such a nice day!

It was very quiet as far as sales go, but The Gypsy was in and she had two appointments booked, so we got to chat between those appointments.

It's like she is feeding my soul and I feel so full and so nourished and so enlightened after our talks.

I'm not baring my soul or discussing problems and issues. We are discussing all of our strengths and how we can build on them and use them, with love, to bring clarity and peace and contentment to our lives. How to not buy into our own or others' weaknesses and be affected in a negative way.

I have learned so much from her since she came to The Happy Abode.

In the last two years, I have focussed on certain things to improve myself and I have felt a huge swing on the positive side of my life ledger.

It all started with the Journey work in 2017. Those retreats melted away so many blocks in my psyche and cleared issues that I'd unknowingly held on to for years. My heart and mind were suddenly open and I felt like I was finally in charge of my own life.

I do journeys on myself whenever I feel like something is holding me back or when I know an old memory is affecting the way I approach situations. I forgive the people who hurt me or restricted me in the past and I remove the old thoughts and replace them with new improved positive thoughts.

This was followed by learning how to manifest. I had my doubts, but remembering how my vision boards since 2003 had brought to my life Barry, a home by the ocean, improved health, repaired teeth, fun road trips, financial freedom, education, a new camera and so much more, what did I have to lose?

I spent months manifesting The Happy Abode. When The Motivator and I wanted the space once known as JATOE (Just a Touch of Everything) but weren't prepared to succumb to the owner's unreasonable conditions, I manifested like a crazy person. That shop was for sale at the end of March 2017.

I dedicated a journal to The Happy Abode - I don't think we had chosen that name yet - I wrote stories about how we would find the perfect space to create our dream business. I wrote stories about the beautiful things we would have available, the workshops and courses that we would provide, the way it would become the hub of the community and a destination place for visitors.

I also had a big art book and I drew up signs of affirmation that our vision would become a reality and that the universe would provide for us. That it would absolutely, without a doubt happen soon, declaring that it was our destiny and the perfect space would fall into our laps.

I wrote little notes and posted them all over my home office, so that it didn't matter where I looked, I was reminded that our space was coming.

The Motivator and I talked all the time about it happening and agreed that when the time was right, it would all fall into place.

It took four months.

We all know what happened from there.

My next successful manifestation was the pool. In reality, that kinda took ten years, but only one year from when I got SERIOUS about it and believed that it was possible.

So I've learned that with a consistently positive mindset, life takes you on on a whole different track  and dreams can come true.

I plan to continue manifesting The Motivator's and my big goals and ideas for The Happy Abode and hopefully watch it grow into something bigger and better with every passing year.

Finally, meditation.

If you'd told me, even 2 years ago, that meditation would play such an important role in my life, I'd have shaken my head and laughed. I had no idea how powerful or how life changing it could be and I can't imagine my life without it now.

While it's an ongoing process and I am always learning something new, Meditation has brought a lot of clarity to my relationship with myself. I work on and practice everything that I learn in the classes and I keep my own cup full so that I have plenty of love to share with the important people in my life.

I've mentioned before that I meditate at least once every day and that helps me stay focussed on my strengths. As I said before ... life changing.

So the Journeys, Manifestation and Meditation have added incredible value to my life, to my peace of mind and to my happiness. I'm excited for what 2019 will bring!

I'm off to meditate!

Nite all.

No comments: