Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tantalising Tuesday

I set my alarm for two different times this morning.

Because I watched tennis until almost 1am and by the time I'd done the pre-bed routine and settled down to sleep, it was almost 2am.

I had my usual alarm at 5.55am and another for 7.10am.

Usually I would hit snooze three or four times, but I knew that I might need a second stint of sound sleep, hence the second alarm.

I enjoyed that extra hour of sleep.

I still got to the shop before 8.45 and had plenty of time to grab my coffee and open the shop before the girls arrived for morning tea.

They were a rowdy bunch this morning! Lots of laughter and snorts coming from TWO of the girls instead of the usual one! Plenty of medical discussions and dog talk while sharing photos. It was a good two hours of silliness and some of them enjoyed a little retail therapy before they headed home.

The morning was quite steady with sales but very quiet in the afternoon.

I restocked the snap button trays.

I emptied the bins ready to take the big bins out to the footpath for collection.

I stapled our cards to some paper bags.

I cleared almost 7000 emails (yes seven THOUSAND).

I posted on our social media pages.

I made a sign for our window to give our customers warning about our closure at the end of February.

I watched a training video on the secret functions of my camera.

I watched part of a video from DDT re the next live round of the Money Mindset Bootcamp. I still haven't completed an entire round of this course yet - there are live rounds of it every six months. I have good intentions for the upcoming round. Let's see if I can manage it this time.

It was almost 4pm when I pulled everything inside and locked the doors.

After doing some grocery shopping for Adoring Husband, I pedalled home feeling pretty worn out.

Thankfully, I had prepared a huge beef casserole on Monday night (enough for 4 meals), so all I had to do was add some greens when I heated it up and AH had a nice piping hot bowl of meat and vegetables in time for me to sit down and watch Ash Barty lose her quarter final tennis match.

Nadal is now thrashing his opponent so it could be a sign for me to have an early night.

I'm looking forward to meditation in the morning and there should be a good crowd. It seems there are many people looking to improve their relationship with themselves this year and we've already had some amazing feedback. It gives me the warm and fuzzies!



I hope you enjoy Hump Day!

Nite all.

  

No comments: