Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Listening Carefully

I had a number of options this morning.

  • Get out of bed and begin decluttering one of the rooms.
  • Get out of bed and go swimming.
  • Stay in bed and edit the remaining wedding photos.
  • Stay in bed and begin the new live round of Money Mindset course.
  • Stay in bed and listen to my new book "The Universe Has Your Back".
  • Stay in bed and begin creating my online course.
I made a choice based on the fact that the painter was here painting the ceiling in our family room/kitchen - finally - after the ceiling repairs that happened before Christmas.

I didn't want to get changed out of my pyjamas unless it was into my swimmers and I didn't want to come face to face with the painter and have to be introduced.

I had already chosen the room that I wanted to declutter but Adoring Husband wanted us to declutter a different room.

My brain wasn't quite open enough or alive enough to handle doing the course or creating a course.

My laptop has a problem with an internal chip which causes distracting lines to fill my screen and that makes editing difficult.

So ...

I chose to listen to the book.

While listening to the book, I was able to get in and enjoy the pool and I moved part of our outdoor lounge under the shade of the umbrella and lay there with my earphones in and the volume up as I attempted to drown out the sound of lawn mowers and leaf blowers in the neighbour's yards.

There was a nice breeze blowing so the temperature wasn't hard to handle.

I did stop to cook lunch after the painter left and the house now has the smell of fresh paint permeating throughout.

I stopped for 30 minutes when Princess Anne arrived for her afternoon rehab swim. We discussed starting up aqua-aerobics on a weekly basis in the pool and she provided a printout of the exercises she used to do in a previous life.

Watch this space.

Anyway, I finally finished the book at about 5pm and I loved the entire book until the last ten minutes. It's not that the last ten minutes were bad, I'm just not sure that I agree with her sentiments. Otherwise, every chapter had me hungry for more and I loved her ideas, her practices, the exercises and activities that she offered and all the thought processes along the way.

Definitely worth my time.

It's only 8.30pm and I'm tired from all that fresh air and sunshine. I swam quite a few laps today, including some butterfly which takes some effort! Pretty sure I won't be doing that again lol. I did my usual exercises and some underwater laps strengthening and increasing my lung capacity.

Then I bragged to AH that I love my life ... so much!

I'm watching Nadal thrash the pants off the young Greek Tsitsipas in the semi final of the Australian Open. It's been short and sweet. Nadal is playing like a true champion - better than I've ever seen him play - so confident and strong and mistake free.

I don't think anyone will beat him and he's gotta be the favourite to win - although I am a big fan of Djokovic and I suspect he will be his opponent in the final.

Anyway, enough of this frivolity.

Nite all.  

No comments: