Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Whacky Doo Wednesday

It was a whacky doo Wednesday with both The Motivator and I in attendance.

It began beautifully enough with a fabulous meditation class - another full house - and there was plenty of love in the room when it was all over.

The Motivator took The Gypsy's first appointment for the morning. The Gypsy was booked out for the day so I didn't get to chat with her - however - The Motivator and I had plenty to talk about and we didn't shut up for most of the day.

It was another quiet one for sales, though it was the best day of the week so far. It was nice to spend a quiet day at our desks just chatting.

At 2.54pm I stood up to begin closing the shop, when a customer walked through the door. She walked around for twenty minutes and eventually spent $4. That was a little bit annoying because I wanted to get home to prepare for a visitor.

I stopped on my trike to buy mangos from the man who lives across the road from The Motivator's house. He has fresh mangos in a wheelbarrow and boxes at the front of his house with an honesty tin to pay. They are the best mangos that I've tasted for a long time and I could eat them til the cows come home. So I bought seven! I had bought 5 two days ago and only have two of them left.

I have two days off work now and probably won't be going past his house, so I had to stock up - they will be my sustenance for every meal and in between!

Princess Anne had attended meditation and for the second week in a row, was suffering with back problems, so I suggested that she come spend some time in the pool to take the pressure off. I think she said it was a slipped disc.

Anyway, she arrived at 4pm and we spent thirty minutes in the water talking all things health and diet related. She and I have very similar views and Princess Anne is just lovely so it was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

After she left, I stayed in the water for another 45 minutes swimming some laps and doing some exercises. The water was lovely and I had music playing in the background. I would have stayed in longer, but I had plans for dinner so I removed myself and made the kitchen my destination.

I roasted pumpkin and cauliflower to put with baby spinach and semi sun-dried tomato drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled roasted pine nuts. That was served with lamb rack.

Fruit whip ice cream and toffeed nuts for dessert.

All totally delicious and satisfying.

I was all settled in to watch the Djokovic vs Nishikori quarter final tonight in the tennis, but Nishikori sustained an injury in the first set and was unable to finish the second set before retiring hurt. That was disappointing.

The Aussie, Sam Stosur is playing in the doubles right now, so I might head to bed and watch it in the bedroom. I slept well last night, but I'm feeling weary right now.

Nite all.

No comments: