Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Oopsie!

I'm not sure how it happened, but I forgot to post here yesterday!

It has certainly been a very quiet week in our town and surprisingly, the caravan parks have not filled for the Australia Day long weekend. The Happy Abode will be open every day over this weekend so let's see if we can manifest a successful and profitable few days.

In my attempts to declutter the house, I have been tossing at least one thing every day. Even if it means opening a drawer and removing something that I haven't used for a long time - if I can't remember the last time I used it, then I don't need it.

I have a pile of clothes and bags that I'm going to send to a friend who runs a business called 'Rethread the Earth' and she makes crossbody and satchel bags from recycled materials, fabrics, bags and belts.

I already own three of her bags and I've been stalking her lately to purchase another. Her prices have increased quite a lot since my last purchase but her bags sell like hotcakes at the markets and I love her hippy/nature loving style.

So if I don't have time to do a big declutter, just tossing one thing at least keeps the momentum going.

Oh, I just remembered why I forgot to blog!

My sister, Squirt, and I video chatted for two hours! It was almost 11pm when we ended our call and I had to work this morning so I headed straight to bed.

We don't catch up very often but when we do, it's usually a long call.

I did a bit of study yesterday and did the usual Club routine.

Today (Saturday) was fun at the shop. Even though it was quiet as far as sales go, The Motivator and I had some good talks and some good laughs and made some good life decisions. I enjoyed the day very much.

I did some more study this afternoon. Some in the lounge room. Some by the pool. I tested the water and it was very warm so I chose not to go in. Adoring Husband, on the other hand, loves it when it's warm, so he went for a swim after dinner.

We had salmon steaks with sweet potato salad and coleslaw - both prepared with my home made aioli. Dessert was a mango for me and a large plate of sliced watermelon for AH.

I've just watched the Women's final in the Australian Open Tennis and my favourite, Naomi Osaka from Japan won. She won the US Open last year in September, but got a raw deal when Serena Williams stole the show with her controversial tantrum on court and the media totally focused on that instead of Osaka's success.

I think I'm going to annoy AH and go to bed now to do some study beside him while he attempts to fall asleep, although I'm pretty certain he'll be snoring before I even get in there!



I hope you all enjoy your long weekend.

Nite all.  

No comments: