Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 28, 2019

Sleepy Sunday

It was not a sleepy Sunday for me, but I probably could have had a nap at work if I'd wanted one.

Even though there were not a lot of customers, I got quite a bit done as far as tidying and cleaning go.

Lots of dusting and rearranging and display changing and jewellery cleaning, so by the end of the day I felt like I'd been productive enough.

I closed the shop a little after 1pm and bought my coffee for the day before pedalling home.

Adoring Husband arrived a little after me and we sat down and ate a big bag of green grapes together while watching the remaining episodes of Grace and Frankie.

Dinner was prepared very early because it was too late for lunch and we were both starving. I did maple/thyme chicken drumsticks with coleslaw and sweet potato salad. I think we sat down to eat at about 5pm.

I made a fruit whip ice cream with frozen pineapple, blueberries, papaya and I added banana and mango, coconut cream, maple syrup and Himalayan salt.  I also did up a tray of toffee nuts.

After we filled our bellies and before the tennis started, I changed into my swimmers and slid into the pool. I mostly just floated around for about half an hour and as darkness fell and Adoring Husband complained about getting eaten by mozzies (he didn't come into the water), we decided to go inside.

The tennis had already started, but it finished pretty quickly! Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal very easily and very quickly. He was my pick, but I expected Nadal to put up a much better fight than he did.

Now I'm watching Netflix.

"Tidying Up with Marie Kondo"

I've lost count of how many people have recommended Marie Kondo's book and TV series and she's even recommended in the course that I'm currently studying. So I've just switched her show on and now I'm leaving you so that I can focus.

I hope she can perform miracles and teach me how to declutter with a vengeance and keep my life uncluttered.

Not like this ...


On that note ...

Nite all.

No comments: