Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Oh My Day

I thoroughly enjoyed my day, from beginning to end ... even though I'm not quite at the end yet.

I woke up at 6am excited to go to meditation and again there was a full house. Everybody was feeling the love and willing to share and there was laughter as we all related to each other and our stories. In the final meditation of the morning I felt myself sitting in a glowing golden light. The perfect way to finish the class.

I had booked myself in with The Gypsy for a treatment immediately after meditation.

Sorting through all of that paperwork in the back bedroom and in the drawers of the side cabinet, gave me a repetitive strain in my right shoulder. The pain was in it's second day today and I wanted to get rid of it before going to our lady's lunch.

The Gypsy did an amazing job and I felt no pain all day. It began to twinge a bit this evening so I did the stretches that she suggested and will do them again before I go to bed. She's a little marvel.

I got home from the treatment with just enough time to have a quick shower and get dressed for lunch. The Old Speckled Hen was picking me up at 11.30am so had an hour to play with.

Lunch, at Goody's, just fifteen minutes from here and with a beautiful view ...





I ordered GF salt and pepper squid with sweet potato fries and salad served with a spicy aioli. It was a huge meal and try as I might, I could not finish everything on my plate. I wish I'd taken a photo of the food!

Even though I was full and unable to finish my main meal, when they brought the dessert menu and it contained one GF option, I lost all self control and ordered it! It was a huge warm chocolate brownie swimming in a hot chocolate sauce with side serve of pouring cream.


I ate half of it and it was divine! It was my first off-paleo meal for the year and even though it tasted so delicious, my body was not enjoying the after affects of so much sugar and other less healthful ingredients.

Sometimes it's difficult to weigh up the benefits - is it worth the ten minutes of pure pleasure against the hour or two of discomfort that ranges from mild to intense?

I was home before 2.30pm and I made my way straight to the recliner and lay back to stretch my body so that the food had an easy pathway during the digestive process.

I watched a movie.

Adoring Husband was cooking a lamb rack on the barbecue for his dinner, so I made him a salsa salad and he had leftover coleslaw with his protein.

I declined dinner but just before 8pm I ate a mango and a handful of blackberries.

I texted my sister, Squirt, to find out how wet she was up in Magnetic Island. They've had 360mm this week - but only 78mm today.

The other big news in town was an accident last night where the Care Flight helicopter had to land in the Lions Park carpark to take an injured man to Brisbane. He had been hit by a car driven by his mother - the TV news claimed that she had dropped him home after a party and as she did a U-turn to leave, he jumped in front of the car.

He is in a critical condition.

He was living in the house next door to The Happy Abode and helped me carry our heavy sign a couple of times. He seemed like a nice friendly guy - rough around the edges, but nice enough.

Very sad.

Right now, I'm worn out after a great day. Adoring Husband and I have plans for heading into The Bay early tomorrow, so an early night is on the cards.

Nite all.  

No comments: