Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Blue Rock

Adoring Husband and I left home at 8am.

During the drive into The Bay, I wrote our 'to do' list.

First stop was Tinkerbells where I purchased this ...


It's a blue kyanite rock to go in the garden with the rose quartz rocks and I intend to get a couple of selenite towers.

I'm looking for a large shallow bowl approximately a metre in diameter, perhaps 30cm deep, to partially fill with sand and then strategically place my crystal rocks. Something like this ...


From there we

  • restocked our raw nuts supply at Nana's Kitchen
  • made a stop at Office Works which we left empty handed (unheard of right?!)
  • visited HBW where AH was hoping to acquire some work related items but was unsuccessful
  • stopped at Stocklands for a haircut, optometrist appt and food shopping
  • looked for a mini outdoor coffee table at the clearance centre - where the 50% off prices are more expensive than Harvey Norman's full priced items
  • Harvey Norman was next, to price their small TVs because the one in our outdoor area has had the royal order. No purchase was made.
  • the final stop was at the butcher and Foodworks at home 
  • it was rapidly approaching 4pm when we finally arrived home
We unpacked the car and packed everything away, fed the dogs, then just as we sat down to put our feet up, The Friendly Truckie pulled into the driveway. I had forgotten about the invitation I offered him when he needed help with some settings on his community Facebook page.

We showed him the pool and chatted for a while before we got down to business. This Facebook lesson took all of ten minutes, but by the time he left, it was time to cook dinner.

I made some sweet potato/pumpkin fritters which were delicious and we had them with lamb rack and coleslaw.

It's now well after 11.30pm so I'd best get to bed. I'm exhausted! I thought we'd have all our errands complete by midday, so it was a much longer day than I expected.

Happy Friday to you!

Nite all.    

No comments: