Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 28, 2019

Productive Day Off

I wasn't productive ALL day because I stopped in the middle for a swim and a relax and lunch around the pool.

Adoring Husband brought my morning coffee into the bedroom at around 8am.

I attempted to print a small booklet on our printer, but unfortunately a paper jam meant that I had no choice but to get out of bed to get that sorted.

I figured that while I was up, I should make a start on decluttering the back bedroom in preparation for Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armor's visit next month.

It't the room that AH likes to hoard every piece of paper that comes into the house. You know, when you have to clear an area quickly, so you pick everything up and dump it in another room 'temporarily'? Well that's the room where all our paperwork lands.

There were many mixed piles on the bed, so I sorted through each one and made new piles.

  • SES paperwork
  • Business paperwork (Grass Converters)
  • Barry's medical paperwork
  • My paperwork (surprisingly little)
  • Our joint paperwork
  • A pile of paperwork with ??? (meaning I wasn't sure whether to toss it or keep it)
  • Junk pile to definitely chuck
I cleared other stuff from the room as well, so it won't take much to set it up for the kids.

I rewarded myself with a swim in the pool and then lay on the lounge in the shade of the umbrella while AH cooked steaks on the barbecue and served it with the leftover home made coleslaw. He followed that with sliced watermelon and mango.

Perfect.

We returned to the house and I watched four episodes of the Marie Kondo decluttering show on Netflix. I was disappointed. All of the people in the show got rid of a lot of stuff, but they still had a lot of stuff cluttering up their homes and not once did I think WOW what a difference!

I do decluttering better 🤗🤩🤪

So I turned off the TV and made the decision to start small and clear out the four drawers in the side cabinet. There was a LOT to throw away and now the drawers each have very little in them.





I didn't overdo it and I think it was a well balanced day with plenty of self care in the mix.

Dinner was beef casserole out of the freezer, so it was easy. That's enough red meat for the week, that's for sure!

MKR started it's tenth season tonight - looks like another interesting series. I've recorded 'Married at First Sight' to watch later.

I work for half a day tomorrow and then I'm off for 2 1/2 days! I expect to get lots of decluttering and lots of study done - except when I'm at the lady's lunch on Wednesday!

Anyway, enough of this frivolity. I need an early night.

Nite all.

No comments: