Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Half On. Half Off.

Not a lot to talk about today.

Morning coffee with the girls was fantastic and the last to leave, The Brains Trust, walked out the door at 11.15am.

I only worked until 12pm so I had just enough time to change some payment information with our bank account and then create a quick flyer for my photography workshops.

The Motivator arrived right on time and we chatted for ages before I left for home. I rode up the driveway at 1.20pm and Adoring Husband announced "You're early." as I walked in the door.

"Actually, I'm late because I told you I'd be home before 1pm!"

Doofus.

I mashed up an avocado and took a punnet of blackberries out of the fridge and headed straight to the lounge room to park my butt on my recliner chair and kick back and relax.

AH was busy at his laptop doing SES business while sitting at the dining table.

I found a movie, "The Guardian" and put my feet up to enjoy Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher.

Adoring Husband left a bit after 3pm to attend an SES meeting in The Bay, so I watched my recording of 'Married at First Sight' pausing it every so often to prepare dinner.

I made a different version of Hainan chicken which was so delicious that I had to have some myself!

That's it for my day.

No swimming today. No decluttering. No washing. No studying. No stripping the bed.

They are all the things that I planned on doing before I arrived home, but my brain switched to 'shut down mode' as soon as I walked through the door.

It's already 9pm and I think I'll go to bed for an early night so that I can rise early for meditation on my day off.





Nite all.

No comments: