Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 1, 2019

Fab Friday

I had a slow start to the day and didn't even get out of bed until 7.30am.

'Time efficient' is a good way to describe how I spent the hour to get ready for work and I was pedalling down the driveway at 8.30am.

This gave me plenty of time to stop and buy a take away coffee before going to work and the doors were open and I was ready for customers before the clock struck nine.

It was a steady day and sales were the best for the week.

I had a visit from The Brains Trust who delivered some produce from her garden.

I had a visit from The Motivator before she embarked on her camping trip. She was looking very relaxed and chilled.

I had a visit from Adoring Husband after he returned from The Bay, with stories of his purchases, which included a big bowl for the garden and my crystal rocks. Photo tomorrow.

I had a visit from a couple of ladies who attended the lady's lunch last Wednesday.

I had a visit from another local business owner who needed a special gift for a special person.

There wasn't a lot of spare time to complete any chores.

Adoring Husband returned to the shop at 3pm to help me close the doors and bring in all the paraphernalia so that I could leave on time.

I sat for half an hour to relax and unwind before getting ready for the usual Friday night at the club.

I had a lucky night on the pokies and only one other of our group had a win.

There was just enough room on the bus for me to squeeze in to come home.

AH had the usual dinner ready when I arrived home and we watched a silly movie.

Now it's time for bed - because work tomorrow!

It's going to take me twenty minutes to clear all the shoes, shoe boxes and clothes from the bed - I made a bit of a mess getting ready for the club. 🤪

Nite all.  

No comments: