Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Togetherness

For the first time in a long time, The Motivator and I spent the entire day together at the shop.

It was a really nice day.

There were no deliveries and only a few customers, so we got to chat and relax and make an online order during the blackout.

Yes we had a blackout for about 90 minutes. That's not a problem for us because we can still play music via bluetooth and our cash register works via our phone. It took an hour for the shop to warm up without air conditioning, and then, just in the nick of time, the power returned.

I attempted to get a coffee before I rode home, but because of the blackout, my local turned off the coffee machine to take the pressure off their generator and I had to go elsewhere to get my caffeine hit.

Luckily the local cafe came to the rescue.

I invited The Motivator for a swim this afternoon, but as I arrived home, I discovered that one of the dogs had used the hallway as a toilet - big time - and it took me a good 15 minutes to clean that up!

By the time TM arrived, I hadn't had a chance to set up the pool area or change into my bathers. The umbrella was still folded down, the covers were on the chairs, the cushions for the Bali bed were still in the storage room, the kitchen was locked, there was no music playing.

So I invited her to make herself comfortable in the pool, while I got myself changed and then did all the 'things' that Adoring Husband usually does!

I appreciate you AH 😘

It was very easy, just an inconvenience really.

We spent over an hour lolling in the pool and almost an hour sitting under the Bali hut listening to meditation music, which was just soooooo relaxing. We had our feet up on the ottoman and just stayed there until the sun set.

We were reluctant to move from that position, but I had to return an earlier call from Adoring Husband and TM had her own 'stuff' to attend to.

I've been in bed now, since 7.30pm writing this, among other things, and I can't believe it's almost midnight!

Best get some sleep because I have to be up VERY early in the morning to do AH's job.

Nite all.

No comments: