Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

More Please!

I had a lovely day at work.

I couldn't get to sleep until 2am so it was difficult to get moving when I was rudely woken by my inconsiderate alarm at 5.55am.

A warm shower was enough to get the blood circulating and I got to work with plenty of time to go buy my morning coffee and then open the shop.

The girls all arrived for our coffee morning and there were seven of us in attendance, including an interstate visitor in the form of Care Bear. She even enjoyed some retail therapy in the shop.

We took delivery of another order today, so I checked, priced and displayed everything straight away. Here is some of our new stock ...







I paid some bills, stapled our cards to our carry bags, emptied the indoor bins so that the big bins could go out to the street and I served a LOT of customers, so it was a good enough sales day to put a smile on my dial.

This afternoon, a huge storm swelled overhead which made me nervous enough to park my trike inside the shop and get a lift home with Adoring Husband.

He had taken our psychotic dog Jack to the vet to have his claws clipped today. Jack won't allow me anywhere near his claws and we figured that he would need to be put under anaesthetic to have them done.

AH sat in the waiting room listening to Jack's screams (Jack is the biggest sookie lala on the planet and screams at the slightest thing) while the vet clipped him.

His claws were so long, they were curling sideways and were obviously causing him discomfort, if not pain.

When I got home this afternoon, Jack was jumping around and wagging his tail like an excited puppy instead of the 14yr old cranky pants that he usually is. It was so good to see and really made me laugh.

The vet gave him a good going over and declared that Jack is in excellent health with a strong heart, so that's good to know.

I have a bit of an upset tummy tonight which is causing me some discomfort, so I'm off to bed and will hopefully sleep it off.

Lunch and shoe shopping in Childers with the girls tomorrow, so I need to be healthy and on the ball.

Nite all.

No comments: