Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 22, 2019

In the Drink

I worked for Adoring Husband early this morning and upon my return home, I found a text from The Motivator, offering to give me the entire day off.

The original plan was for me to open the shop and do the morning shift and then TM would take over at midday to do the afternoon shift.

So she very generously offered and I very gratefully accepted.

At 7.30am I was floating around in the pool enjoying the early morning light and feeling an overwhelming happiness for my life and everything and everyone in it.

I was dressed and ready to leave the house by 8.45am to go help set up the training room at the shop in preparation for the Paint and Create workshop that TM will be leading on Saturday morning.

I returned home well before midday and headed straight back to the pool. I swam and floated and exercised to the sweet sound of meditation music, I sat in the sunshine for 15 minutes, I lay under the Bali hut listening to my audible book and then I went back into the pool for some more swimming.

At 2pm I began getting ready for my Friday night at the club.

I washed my hair and made myself presentable in time for the 4pm bus to pick me up.

The Motivator arrived just as I was leaving so that she could spend some private time in the pool, enjoying the peace and tranquility,  just as I do.

There was no winning to be had for me tonight and only one of our group won a prize in the raffles.

I was lucky enough to get one of the last seats on the bus to return home.

Unfortunately I forgot to leave a light on for the dogs and one of them pooped in the darkness and then in the excitement of me arriving home, one of them jumped in it and then left little poopy footprints all over the family room floor!!

Obviously, my first priority was to clean the poop up and mop the floor.

Ugh.

Not a pleasant way to end my evening.

I made a light dinner and waited for Adoring Husband's phone call. He is safe and well and happy.

Now I'm off to bed to watch the end of Pretty Woman.





Nite all.

No comments: