Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Perfectly Finished

Well, thank goodness, I found some motivation and energy at the end of my days off!

Believe it or not, I had not completely unpacked my suitcase from my trip to Sydney! So I did that today.

I cleaned the main bathroom, the toilet and the laundry. I sprayed the shower tiles with oil of cloves mixture and it needs to stay like that for at least 12 hours to kill the mould. Bleach doesn't kill mould - it just bleaches it so that you can't see it. Oil of cloves actually kills it, but it means that some scrubbing will be involved tomorrow.

I swept and mopped some floors.

I got the washing off the line and folded it. I hung out three more loads of washing.

I made a fresh smoothie with dragon fruit, pineapple, lime and coconut water.

I've been promising to issue an invitation to Lady Lynn and The Brains Trust to share the experience of our beautiful pool area for such a long time ... and today was the day!

They had both arrived by 2.30pm and we sat and chatted for a little while before plunging in.

Well ... 'I' plunged in.

There were some tentative gasps as the girls entered the pool via the steps and I sensed some hesitancy as they questioned my description of the water temperature.

Once they were in, they agreed that the water was perfect!

We bobbed around on our noodles for a good 90 minutes, chatting and laughing and enjoying each other's good company.


Adoring Husband arrived home from The Bay and then, at my request, drove to our 'local' to purchase coffee for everyone. He delivered our coffee and then disappeared for 15 minutes, returning with a big plate of fresh fruit that he had sliced up beautifully for our eating pleasure!

What a legend.

He sat chatting with us for a while before the girls decided it was time to return to their own husbands.

It was such a lovely afternoon.

After they left, I lay in the Bali hut listening to my audible book for a while ... until I checked the BOM and saw the line of nasty looking storms heading in our direction, so I called for AH and we packed all the loose stuff into the outdoor kitchen, put the  covers on the lounge, folded down the umbrella and took the clothes off the line.

Within about half an hour, the rains came. We could see lightning in the distance and could hear the distant rumble of thunder, but the storms missed us again, thank goodness and we received some good rain.

We took a Hainan Chicken out of the freezer and heated that for dinner, so it was nice and easy.

Now it's midnight!! Far out!! Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: