Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Meditating or not?

So, our new routine in the afternoons when we arrive home, is to head straight to the pool area to sit under the Bali hut and chill.

Adoring husband reads.

I listen to an audible book.

Sometimes we converse.

We doze ... or sleep soundly lol.

Just sitting in silence is also an option ... which is a form of meditation 🧘‍♀️ but don’t tell AH because he’s scared of meditation. Don’t ask.

Needless to say, our TV is feeling a little neglected these days.

I had a nice day at the shop with Aggie presenting Nutrimetics products during our coffee morning and there was a slow but steady flow of customers until lunch time.

The Motivator and The Fisher King dropped in for a purpose in the afternoon and AH helped me close up, as he does.

Nothing much else to report for today. I’m sorry I missed Beauty’s birthday lunch, but it looked like a good time was had by all.

I’m not sorry that I missed tonight’s barbecue at the park because my lounge room is much more comfortable. Sorry friends.

Before I sign off, I just want to say this ...

Nite all

No comments: