Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Mid Week Marvel

We had a full house for meditation this morning and it was an excellent class with lots of input from everyone. The entire discussion was totally relevant and relatable and everybody hugged at the end.

I loved it.

The Gypsy had the morning free, so, as usual, we spent the time chatting about everything and anything and philosophising about life in general.

There were enough customers in the morning to make me happy about sales for the day and the promise from one to bring her friends in tomorrow, which will hopefully make me happy tomorrow!

The Motivator left for Tasmania today and hopefully was not held up by the flight delays caused by the fog in Sydney this morning.

We had some heavy scudding showers here today too! Some good rain this evening making the grass and gardens look lush and green.

Adoring Husband spent time in the kitchen and made a chocolate brownie cake, so he brought me a piece to the shop for afternoon tea.

Unfortunately, it was the only thing I had to eat all day and the sugar content affected me big time! The sugar high was fleeting, but the crash afterwards was intense. We both fell asleep on the lounge in the Bali hut and my energy was completely drained. It was an effort to wake up and get up!

I made a quick but hearty dinner of chicken with veg - pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, onion, zucchini in a gravy that was made with a home made chicken and veg stock full of white pepper and olive oil. It was good enough that I could feel my body responding and my energy levels lifted considerably.

Which was lucky, because we had trivia at the club tonight so we needed the energy and we needed our brains to function on 'full'.

We picked up The Blonde Bombshell from her house and arrived very early at the club, but it was very busy and we had to find a table right at the rear of the club and around the corner. It must have brought us luck because we came second tonight!

Yes, that's right ... SECOND! By two points. Go us!

Now it's almost 11.30pm and I'm feeling it. Time for bed, but just before I go, I found this to be very interesting ...


... I believe this to be true. What do you think?

Nite all.

No comments: