Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Feeling the Serenity

I've had a lovely day off.

Adoring Husband brought me breakfast in bed - vegemite toast and coffee - the perfect start to a lazy Sunday.

Then he ordered me to get out of bed and inspect the pots that he had spent the morning moving into the pool area ...



... we moved them slightly and then I didn't want to leave the pool area, so I plonked myself down with my electronic devices and there I stayed until it was time to make lunch.

I plonked myself down with our lunch and there I stayed until the water called me in at around 3.30pm.

I spent a delightful 30 minutes in the very cool water and while I was drying myself off, I received a call from The Motivator and she came round for a visit, bearing the gift of fresh watermelon!

We chatted for about an hour and came to an agreement regarding some plans we had.

After she left, I cooked up an early dinner - spaghetti bolognese with zoodles for AH and Vegemite on toast for me - don't worry, the novelty of having Vegemite back in my life will soon wear off. Haha.

Right now, I'm imagining an early night in preparation for a big week ahead, so I will share something that somebody special shared with me today ...


It's been another perfect day for me to feel gratitude and happiness for all that I have in my life.

Life is good.

Nite all.

No comments: