Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Where Did It Go?

This day passed so quickly, it felt like I blinked and missed it!

Adoring Husband drove me to work because the plan was for us to drive straight into The Bay at 3pm  when we closed the shop.

AH opened the shop while I got my morning coffee. He makes life so much easier for me.

My plan for the morning was to learn how to use Garage Band on my laptop to create a guided meditation. Unfortunately, it took an hour to download the app, by which time, one of our sales reps arrived for our 10am appointment, which I had forgotten about because I didn't look at my diary this morning!

Ninety minutes later I had made two standby orders to be delivered in May and looked at some stylish pearl jewellery and Swarovsky crystal jewellery, all beautifully packaged. I made a deal for the rep to email the catalogues for these items so that The Motivator and I can go through them and make some choices together.

As the rep walked out, the Fishing Club rep arrived to pick up the donations that I had packaged up yesterday.

Then entered a steady flow of fun customers who were all in for a chat and included some holiday-makers who have returned for their annual vacation.

I ordered a late lunch from the local cafe, so I walked over to pick that up.

Murphy's Law that as soon as I sat down to eat, more customers came through the door and of course my food went cold before I could eat it.

Adoring Husband soon turned up to help me close the shop, but of course there was a lingering/loitering customer who had difficulty making decision and who took 30 minutes to choose a small fridge magnet and who walked out the door at 3.02pm.

With team work, AH and I drove out of the carpark at 3.10pm.

This is what we were driving into The Bay to collect ...


... On Tuesday, I had asked the shop to hold 4 of them for me until today.

While I was there I purchased four comfy casual tops.

We drove to King Kong so that I could purchase my own art supplies so that I can make a paint pouring wave.


I think that's my aim for Sunday. To create art.

This evening we found this little guy in our outdoor area ...


He's a big fat juicy looking fella and has been living out there for at least a couple of months. We hope he lives a long and happy life here.

Finally, before I head to bed for an early night, I though I'd share this with you ...


TGIF and have a great day.

Nite all.

No comments: