Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Back to Normal

Life is back to normal.

Biz is back to normal.

The Grey Nomads have returned. The regular holiday-makers have returned. There is a steady flow of people opening their purses and wallets. Thank you Universe!

I can't tell you how difficult it was to get out of bed early this morning. It was 7Âșc which is about five degrees lower than usual and even "I" was feeling it. I stayed in bed until the very last moment possible and then it was a smooth rush to get to the shop in time for meditation.

Meditation was great and there were a couple of new faces in the mix who even contributed to the discussions.

The Gypsy had a couple of early appointments so we didn't get to chat much, which is funny because we both had to talk a mile a minutes trying to fit all that we wanted to say into a small amount of time!

Some suppliers finally had our back orders in stock so I made a couple of payments and the stock should be arriving early next week.

I talked to The Motivator who was on a road trip with her Mum and she sounded well and happy.

I accidentally sold a piece of my art!


A lady saw it through the doorway to the training room and asked me how much it was! OMG! Totally surreal. I still have to varnish it.  Luckily, she is here for another week, so I have time to do it before she leaves.

Another lady asked for details about the next photography workshop and she will bring her camera in this week for me to look at. She'll make a decision about the workshop then.

I missed out on two lunches and a movie today. Lucky I had such a good day in the shop with lots of happy friendly people to make up for it!

I came home to watch some youtube videos on varnishing artworks and promptly fell asleep in the bed before the second video was even finished!

While I was sleeping, Adoring Husband cooked dinner of chicken and baked veg! All I had to do when I woke up was make the gravy. He's a champion.

It's now 8.30pm and I think it might be time to return to that bed. I could very easily have a whole new bed time routine soon. I like going to bed early and reading and playing and watching videos before my evening meditation puts me to sleep.

Have a lovely Thursday.

Nite all.  

No comments: