Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

They're Baaa-aaack

I've lost count of how many people have looked at the snap jewellery and I've asked "Have you seen how the snap jewellery works?"

This week the standard response has been "Yes! I bought a lot of it here last year when we were here on holidays."

I believe I need to remove the question from my script now.

The weather has been absolutely glorious. The air is clean and cool. The night time temperature is perfect for sleeping. I love this time of year and any minute now, Winter will be upon us!

Yay!

It was a good day at the shop and the time went quickly. I spoke to a couple of suppliers on the phone but didn't make any more orders today. I put them on 'hold' for later.

I took two more names for the next art workshop. We may be able to squeeze two more in at a pinch, but right now, it's a good sized class for 22nd June.

When I got home this afternoon, it was unplanned, but I changed into my painting clothes and spent the afternoon doing this ...


These are small canvasses and it took me an hour to do both of them. Adoring Husband prefers the one on the right.

One of them I did a horizontal pour with a scoop for the greenery and the other I did a vertical pour with a scoop.

I used chain to make stems with leaves, the flat end of a bamboo skewer to do some thinner stems, a paddle pop stick for bigger droplets to start the flowers, the pointy end of a bamboo skewer to make swirly flowers and other stuff as well. There is no end to the interesting utensils that can be used for art.

I didn't eat dinner because I had a big lunch and my belly was still satisfied from that. AH and I cooked some crispy skinned chicken in the oven and AH had that with a salad. Fresh strawberries and cream for dessert.

Now I'm considering watching the football in bed tonight ... because I can.

I can tell that it's going to be a GREAT Friday and there is a possibility of me breaking sales records!

*punches the air with a closed fist*

Wish me luck.

Nite all.

No comments: