Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Speedy Sunday

Where did the day go?

I woke up late-ish because Jack, the psychotic dog, had me up during the night. Taking him outside at 1.30am kind of broke my beautiful sleep and when I woke at 6am, I rolled over and went back to sleep. Then when I woke at 7am, I rolled over and went back to sleep. I rolled over and went back to sleep at 8am and finally my head was happy to greet the day at 8.39am.

I stayed in bed while Adoring Husband brought me celery juice and then my coffee.

I watched funny videos and then moved on to youtube art videos.

AH had to go mow lawns for work so I that was my cue to get out of bed and do some art.

Firstly, I had to sit in the pool area.

I try to spend time in that area every day.

It was very tempting to go for a swim because I stood in water above my knees and it felt so good. Not too cold at all. But art won out. I sat in my egg chair for ten minutes while my legs dried and then went inside to get started.

The one I love the most, is probably the one that most people dislike  ...








... but I love the vibrant colours, the different coloured and different sized cells and all the swirls.

This is my least favourite but has already received the best comments, one from a professional artist! Go figure.


I think that before I create any more masterpieces, I need to varnish some of my favourite existing pieces, just to see whether I want to use varnish or resin. I think resin will be my final choice, but I need to try both for a real comparison.

AH brought home another coffee when he returned from mowing, so I sat outside by the pool drinking that before coming inside to watch the final footy match for the round.

For dinner, I made two meals. Crispy skinned chicken for AH. I pureed roasted garlic, cauliflower and sweet potato with lots of butter and served it topped with caramelised onion and roasted tomatoes on the side.

For me, I added the water from boiling the cauliflower and sweet potato to the puree and made a creamy soup. I put some roasted tomato in a bowl, sprinkled some raw chopped onion over the top then poured the soup over the top. I sprinkled some chopped roasted pecans over the top of that.

It was bloody delicious!

It's almost 9pm and I need some sleep now so that I can bring good energy to the shop this week!

I plan to be happy dancing all over the place by next Saturday!

Nite all.

No comments: