Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 31, 2019

Pleasantness

My Friday passed very pleasantly.

A regular customer who is leaving town, came to say goodbye and partake in one last hit of retail therapy before she left. She’s a funny thing and spent about an hour with me.

Beauty has returned from her big holiday in the van, so she came to say hello too.

I had a babysitting Grandma visit with her Granddaughter, who left with a little fairy ornament in her hot little hand.

A husband came in with his wife declaring that she was only allowed to look!

Another wife came in with her husband declaring that she wasn’t allowed to spend any money today.

An elderly couple came in ten minutes before closing time and she promised to come back for a better look tomorrow.

A local, who has been promising herself to check out the shop ever since we opened 21 months ago finally came for her first visit today and was super impressed. She’s excited to bring her teenage granddaughters on their next visit which will be soon.

A gentleman came in looking for a photo album (do they even make them any more?).

The snap jewellery was popular today too.

The day passed quickly and Adoring Husband arrived just in time to provide a much needed coffee before we closed the shop.

I had a successful night at the club with a win on the pokies and a win in the raffles - a $50 meat tray!

Now it’s almost 9pm and I’m going to put on my pyjamas and snuggle under the covers to watch the second half of footy in bed.






Have a great weekend!

Nite all.

No comments: