Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 27, 2019

Hair Today

Got my hair done today.


Cut about four inches off the length and added a bit more blonde than usual.

Adoring Husband came to the shop a bit before 2.30pm, bought us each a coffee and then took care of the shop while I left at 2.45pm to attend my hair appointment.

It was another slow day at the shop but it was good to catch up with The Gypsy. We only had her first appointment time to chat but we fit a lot into that time.

A delivery of stock arrived this morning, so I spent the remainder of the day pricing and displaying most of that. Still a little more to unpack in the morning.

I didn't arrive home from the hairdressers until almost 6pm so it was an easy dinner of leftover curried chicken for AH and leftover cauliflower soup for me.

That's about the long and the short of it for me today.

My hair feels fabulous and a LOT lighter on my head! It's very smooth and silky too!

I wonder how many of my girls will turn up for coffee in the morning ... our coffee area is no more, so the training room will be our space for tomorrow. I have it all set up for us.

Thought I'd share this little gem, even though I have obviously failed this wife test lol


Nite all.

No comments: