Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Christmas in July

I really dislike getting out of bed early.

REALLY.
As much as I love meditation 🧘‍♀️, the wonderful souls who attend and The Gypsy’s words of wisdom, it still doesn’t make me want to jump out of bed 90 minutes earlier than usual to be ready to open the shop at 7.15am.

To add a bit more pressure, I had to make myself presentable for our Christmas in July lady’s luncheon. I was getting picked up from the shop at 11am while Adoring Husband manned the shop for the afternoon.

Despite that, I made it in time.

For the hour after meditation The Gypsy and I yabbered on about all manner of things ... as we do.

AH arrived and we went over a few things before my lift pulled up at the door of the shop.

The lunch was great. The food was fresh and delicious. There were bonbons and decorations and glitter and Christmas candles. The service was friendly and full of smiles. The alcohol was free flowing (but not free). The weather was perfect. The company was interesting and funny and sad and informative and cheeky and sometimes full of sexual innuendo (I won’t name names, but you know who you are! 😲).










The three hours passed quickly and before I knew it, I was back in the shop packing up with AH and preparing to go into The Bay to run some errands, as well as pick up our FROG box.

I couldn’t get everything on my list, but I got the most important items.

It was 5.30pm when we arrived home, but I got changed and went straight to the studio to begin varnishing my table and a couple of paintings.

AH organised his own dinner and once finished in the studio, I prepared dessert of fresh organic strawberries, sliced banana, coconut ice cream and activated cashews.

Now I feel exhausted!

So I’m outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: