Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 29, 2019

On The Table

Some friends of ours are currently travelling through Europe and recently took a tour through the Sagrada Familia, Temple of Antony Gaude.

I had a very vague knowledge of this colossal piece of historic religious architecture, so I did some research and discovered, just like all Roman Catholic money spinners, this obscenity costs a fortune to construct and maintain. $47million every year, to be exact, for construction and maintenance. This is paid for by the 23 million visitors every year.

Imagine all the good that could be done in this world with $47million every year.

Gullivers Gate, a miniature metropolis that is housed in the middle of Times Square New York, cost $40million. It serves absolutely no purpose.

A herd of camels in Saudi Arabia cost $40million.

An Australian woman won a divorce settlement of $40million, I believe the highest ever in Australia.

All of these totals are for trivial things, are obscene, and all of those amounts could eradicate any number of world problems. Instead, it all slides into the pockets of greedy, power hungry humans.

Australians raise $46million every year just for breast cancer research ... that's just in Australia ... that's just for breast cancer.

The top three pharmaceutical companies in the world each make an annual profit of approximately $12trillion. Why isn’t THAT money funding all cancer research?

The Catholic Church, just in Australia, makes an annual profit of $30million. Where does that go?

More money has been spent on mammoth churches, temples and places of worship than has ever been spent on the souls that they are supposed to save or help.

I don’t understand how anyone can excuse that kind of blatant opulence while those powers watch human suffering at their doorstep.

I feel even more offended by pharmaceutical companies. The little people, mostly friends and family of those who have succumbed to a terminal illness, work and slave to raise money for cancer research, accepting donations from people who can least afford it, while those companies sit on their annual profit of $12trillion, a good percentage of which comes from cancer treatment alone.

THAT is just criminal.

There is nothing wrong with making millions of dollars 💵 but DO GOOD THINGS for humanity and contribute to finding cures for diseases and creating a peaceful and healthy planet for our future.

Thank you for allowing me this safe space to voice my opinion. It saved me from using social media and upsetting people that don’t need to be upset.

Now I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: