Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Slow to Fast

It was a slow day in the shop but there were a couple of welcome visitors in the morning and the afternoon. People who are on my wavelength where health and wellness are concerned and we shared some excellent information.

I paid some bills, tidied behind the counter, tidied the kitchen, noted an order for stock, did some bookkeeping, made some phone calls, served some customers and did some research for my health challenge.

At 3pm the work REALLY started.

We shopped for groceries and drove home.

THEN ... I took some dog food out of the freezer so that tomorrow, I can experiment on creating something more healthful and delicious for the psychotic dogs.

THEN ... I got changed out of my work clothes.

THEN ... I put on a load of washing.

THEN ... I peeled and chopped pumpkin and beetroot and put them in the oven to roast for tonight’s salad.

THEN ... I made a Mint Condition juice with celery, cucumber, apple, mint, coconut water and water.

THEN ... I hung out the washing and put on another load.

THEN ... I put all the ingredients for bone broth in the slow cooker so that I can use it in the dog food tomorrow.

THEN ... I made a fresh coleslaw to have with dinner.

THEN ... I went to the studio to add the final coat of varnish to the table and a painting.

THEN ... I put dinner together - baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, pear, avocado, roast pumpkin, roast beetroot, pesto, balsamic vinegar and toasted pine nuts.

THEN ... I made dessert - strawberries, blueberries, coconut ice cream and cashews.

THEN ... I tidied the kitchen enough for AH to finish the job.

THEN ... I hung the second load of washing.

THEN ... I watched The Bachelor online because I CAN’T BELIEVE I MISSED THE FIRST EPISODE LAST NIGHT!!

NOW ... I’m writing this blog while watching the second episode of The Bachelor.

LATER ... I will update my food diary, write in my gratitude journal, make my ‘to do’ list for tomorrow, meditate and then hopefully sleep soundly until tomorrow morning.

Whew!

That’s a whole lot more than I would normally do after work. It’s nice to be sitting down!


I hope tomorrow will be much busier in the shop. I will make it so!

Nite all

No comments: