Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Fizzer

We were up bright and early and left home ten minutes later than we'd planned to drive to Childers for the big festival.

Then we hit the fog, which slowed us down somewhat.

Then we hit two separate lots of roadworks on the road to Howard, which slowed us down a little more.

Instead of the usual 30 minutes, it took us 45 minutes to reach Childers. Today, we were the seventh car to park in our favourite carpark. Last year, we were the first.

Two weeks ago I contacted 'Elemental Formations' via their facebook page, to make sure they would be selling their hand made wire wrapped gems at the festival. They told me that they WOULD be there and gave me their stall number.

I have two of their pieces already and I was excited at the prospect of owning another.

After we walked from one end of Childers to the other, looking at all the stalls without success, I went into the 'Events Management' room to ask them where I might find this particular stall and I was informed that Elemental Formations withdrew last week.

This is my sad face ...


I bought two t-shirts, two silver bracelets, some tomatoes, some lime and mint iced tea and a hippy vest with fringes. Adoring Husband didn't even need to make a trip back to the car with my purchases like he usually does!

There were at least one third less stalls there this year. We didn't get to listen to our favourite bands play because the stoopid Army bands were playing both on stage AND up the Main Street. Our favourite food stalls were not there either.

The entire day would have been a complete fizzer except that the cheapie shop was open and I purchased a stack of canvasses and paints with the money that I had saved for my Elemental Formations jewellery.

We left the festival an hour earlier than usual because we just ran out of stalls and activities!

On the way home, we decided to pop into Bambooland for a cuppa. Adoring Husband didn't like the look of their little coffee machine, so instead we just wandered around admiring the plants, statues and the new construction going on overlooking the river.




I got some chips and salad from our local cafe for lunch.

We watched some footy.

I did some art. I had two fails and one good one ...


Yoghurt, blueberries, banana and roasted cashews for dinner.

Here we are at 9pm and the memory of a disappointing Festival has left me hoping that next year will be different because I would hate for such a great event to fade away into nothingness.

Now I'm tired and it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: