Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Made a Deal

There were only four of us at coffee this morning, but it was fun and before we knew it, it was 11am and we all parted ways.

The Motivator and I had some business to discuss AND some educational stuff to chat about AND stock deliveries to check out until it was time for me to leave.

I did a grocery shop before heading home to prepare lunch.

The pool water felt fabulous but I didn’t go in today.

Psychotic dog Ruby has gunky eyes at the moment, so I bathed her, cleaned her eyes and sprayed her with colloidal silver. I’ll try the CS for a few days to see if it makes a difference before we resort to a vet visit.

I did a bit of study after lunch. No art today. A load of washing. Picked up some stray leaves from around the pool. Watched some of a crappy movie. AH cooked dinner on the barbecue while I  prepped a quick salad.

We were both in bed before 9pm (where I am now).

I plan on attending meditation tomorrow morning so I’d best get some sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: