Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Stepped It Up

The tourists stepped it up today and I was very busy while the happily noisy art class happened in the training room.

I came home to an empty house because Adoring Husband had a man date to watch the AFL Grand Final with a bunch of blokes.

It was nice to sit alone in the quiet for a while and I didn’t do anything productive. No art. No swimming (though the water was lovely). No cooking. No housework. No study. No creating.

I surrounded myself with books and paperwork and my laptop ready to work on my health challenge, but all motivation waned quickly and all I wanted was to sit.

The AFL Grand Final was a non-event with a massive win to the Tigers.

Now we are going to watch the second preliminary final between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm. I might have to watch it in bed because I’m exhausted from doing nothing all afternoon!

We’ve put all our outdoor cushions in the outside kitchen because the weather forecasters have predicted storms tonight. The BOM shows some nasty weather coming in this direction and it seems to be moving pretty quickly. If it reaches us, it will be the first storm of the season which is a couple of days later than last year.

I’m looking forward to a lazy day in bed tomorrow morning and after I clean the bathroom, I’ll
reward myself with some art play.












Nite all

No comments: