Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Shopped Til I Dropped

On a whim, I jumped out of bed early ... and by ‘early’ I mean 8am ... and decided that I would accompany Adoring Husband on his trip into The Bay to buy meat for the psychotic dogs’ food.

On the way out of town we checked the mail and bought coffee. When I dropped the shop mail into The Motivator, I took a photo of her beautiful flower.


AH and I had a list and an order to how we would shop.

You might be surprised to learn that I got carried away at the art shops. This is just a sample of what I purchased - 50% off at Spotlight ...


I didn’t photograph the rest of the stuff, but I now have 40 canvases in the cupboard of my studio waiting to be shown some love, not to mention some more metallic paints and some useful tools and containers.

I tried in vain to purchase an attachment to hold my phone on my tripod so that I can video my art processes and start a YouTube channel. Both Harvey Norman and JBHIFI sold their last clamp in the last two days.

It was mid afternoon by the time we returned home and we had a late lunch of barramundi and salad. I got the fish at Coles and I have to say, it was fresh and succulent and very tasty! I wish I’d bought more.

There was no Boost juice today because the queue was ridiculously long.

No art today because I have to clean my work area.

No swimming today because I was wearing good clothes and I was too lazy to come inside and get changed.

I’m working tomorrow (Friday) and even though the caravan park is quite empty, it’s starting to really get busy for the school holidays, which is always a good thing.

So it’s time for me to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: