Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 27, 2019

Working Gal

It was a steady day in the shop and I had some long chats with people from Cooktown, Cairns, Townsville and Gold Coast, including one lady who has been holidaying here for 27 years!

Over the last few weeks there have been some interesting rumours filtering through about the managers of one of our caravan parks and the changes they are enforcing which is putting regular holiday makers off side and ‘apparently’ causing people to head home earlier than they would normally.

It leaves me wondering if they are the reason that the park is extraordinarily empty for this time of the year.

I do know that since these people took over, our usually thriving holiday community has been far from thriving during the holiday periods, but I can’t determine if it’s just co-incidence or connected to the rumours.

Today was a good day with lots of foot traffic and people hoping that we’ll be open all weekend ... which we are.

Tomorrow is our fluid art workshop, which The Motivator will be running while I take care of the shop.

So I think I shall go to bed and watch the second half of the NRL Preliminary Final between Raiders and Rabbitohs. I’m barracking for the underdogs - the Rabbitohs. The score is currently 6-all.

Happy weekend everyone!



Nite all.


No comments: