Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Where Did It Go?

Where did my day go?

It started with the usual Tuesday morning coffee with the girls which was emotional and hilarious and thought provoking and enjoyable.

Just as I was about to leave, with thoughts of artistic creativity in my head, a new supplier walked through the door and introduced himself.

The next three hours were filled with sorting through stock that that may or may not sell well. We made a small order, although it was bigger than we’d planned, and I left the shop just before 2pm.

Adoring Husband picked me up and on the way home I remembered that I had to be at my hooping class at 3pm so I made myself a light late lunch and sat down for half an hour before getting ready for the class.

AH dropped me off - because the weather was looking a bit ominous for trike riding - and I spent an hour learning some new tricks and laughing a lot.

I returned home and sat for 30 minutes before preparing dinner. Duck and salad was sooooo delicious and I made the chocado dessert to have with blueberries afterwards.

We watched The Masked Singer and both decided that bed was calling us.

Getting too old for these big days!





Nite all.

No comments: