Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Happy H Day

We had some great rain overnight and this morning, so instead of triking to work, Adoring Husband drove me and helped open the shop ready for meditation.

It was a great class but it was interrupted halfway through by a desperate shopper. We shouldn’t have opened for another 40 minutes but I was accommodating and she spent up big!

The Gypsy stayed for a while and we chatted for an hour before the strong gusty winds seemed to blow everyone up the driveway to the shop.

It was busy. Not like Tuesday busy, but it was a good day.

AH picked me up after work and we did some grocery shopping 🛒 before heading home.

We took advantage of some quiet time before getting ready for the monthly trivia night.

It was a good night and we came third! Out of 18 teams!

It finished late which is why I’m wring this post at almost midnight.

I’m tired and AH is snoring in my ear so I’m off.

Nite all.

No comments: