Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Peace Worthy

I forgot to set my alarm for this morning, but luckily I woke at 5.17am.

The morning air was not quite as cool as yesterday as I pedalled to perform Adoring Husband’s cleaning duties, which was easy and fast.

Upon finishing, I rode to get coffee and again rode to The Seat of Knowledge to visit the boys.

It was incredibly busy by the river with a continual procession of the old regulars from when I used to be a regular myself. I enjoyed myself very much but I was still the first to leave at around 8am.

I stopped at The Motivator’s house hoping to catch sight of a beautiful pale headed rosella that I saw the day before. Of course, because I had my camera with me, the bird did not appear.

When I got home, I was motivated to get stuff done.

  • I emptied the dishwasher and refilled it.
  • I washed psychotic dog Ruby’s eyes and trimmed the hair on her face again.
  • I did a load of washing.
  • I added to yesterday’s painting (no photo yet).
  • I stacked my newly varnished paintings ready to take to the shop.
  • I made breakfast.
  • I tidied the kitchen.
  • I emptied the bin.
  • I checked the pool water (no swim today).
  • I lost motivation.
I didn’t even want to paint.

So I sat in the peace and quiet of the lounge room. No TV. No electronic device. No nothing.

It was lovely 😊

I made myself a chicken salad for lunch and then sat down to watch some YouTube art hoping to be inspired.

I was inspired to save some videos in my “try myself” folder, but not inspired enough to get up and do it.

Number One son called and we chatted for half an hour. There was quite a bit to catch up on because it’s been a while, so it was nice talking to him.

I talked to Adoring Husband twice and he’s having a great time with the Grandies and his back is improving every day.

I’m working tomorrow so I think it’s time for me to sleep 💤

Nite all.

No comments: