Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 7, 2019

Checking the List

As I lay in bed this morning, I made a list of things I wanted to get done today.

It was a substantial list that included jobs as well as self care activities.

It is currently 5.30pm and I’ve completed all but three jobs from the list. The day is not over and I have some hope of completing one or two more yet, although my motivation level has plummeted this afternoon, so the hope is minimal.

  • Clothes off the line
  • Two loads of washing
  • Water plants
  • Sweep floors
  • Cook breakfast
  • Empty dishwasher 
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Clear out and cull my shoes
  • Cook my mini lamb roast
  • Go for a swim
  • Do some art
  • Clear leaves out of the pool
I still want do some hand washing, clean the bathroom and sort through the jewellery on my dressing table.

Culling my shoes was interesting. The op shop will be receiving 18 pairs of my cast offs, which leaves me with 23 pairs to store somewhere.



The first piece of art was for a challenge using pink, peaches, grey and white for a sandwich pour ...




The second was a swipe with balloon kisses to get rid of some leftover paint in some cups that have been hanging around on the table for a few weeks.


When I get a few hours to myself, I have a more complex painting in mind, but I really need to focus so I’ll need to choose my moment.

I wasn’t very impressed with the NRL Grand Final and the poor refereeing decisions. It really took the shine off the win for me.

The good thing about Sunday was my very busy morning in the shop. The bad thing was my watch automatically switching to daylight savings time. I thought I worked until 2pm but it was really only 1pm!

Ok I’m off to clean the bathroom.

Nite all.

No comments: