Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 4, 2019

Early Bird

It was an early start for me this morning.

I set my alarm for 5.15am and I was on my way to work at 5.45am.

There was a real chill in the air that I wasn’t expecting and I was wearing a sleeveless top as I rode my trike! I pedalled REALLY fast to warm up!

After I completed my duties, I rode to the shops to get a coffee before heading to the Seat of Knowledge to see my boys for the first time in about 8 months, and thankfully they were happy to see me.

I hung around for almost two hours before returning home.

I couldn’t decide what to do, so I sat for a while before making the huge decision to clean my work area in the studio so that I could do some art.

This is the beginning of something that I plan to finish tomorrow ...


I watched an old movie and at 3pm I decided that I’d go to the club for raffle night. I phoned and booked the bus and took the hour to make myself presentable.

I had a little win on the pokies. Nobody won a raffle prize and I was quick enough to score a seat on the bus home at 7.30pm.

Adoring Husband phoned just as I walked through the door and we chatted for almost 15 minutes. He eventually let me go so that I could prepare dinner for myself.

The psychotic dogs were very happy to see me home and ran around in circles for ten minutes.

Now it’s time for me to sleep, so I’m signing off.

Nite all.




No comments: